[jbossws-users] Where to put initialization code of a Web Service?

Joao Pedro Barreto joao.barreto at ist.utl.pt
Tue Feb 28 10:51:41 EST 2012

Hi,

After exhaustively searching JBossWS documentation I could not find the
answer to this simple question:

I'm developing a Web Service in JBoss AS 7 that needs to establish a
connection to a local database before it can serve client requests.

I thought about putting the initialization code in the constructor
method of the class that implements the Web Service, but I could never
find any documentation that suggested that.

What is the best place to put this initialization code?

Thanks in advance.
Joao