[jbossws-users] Where to put initialization code of a Web Service?

Joao Pedro Barreto joao.barreto at ist.utl.pt
Fri Mar 2 14:30:01 EST 2012

Thanks for the help, Richard.
However, this still does not help me, and I explain why.

The initialization method of my web service depends on a couple of
parameters that are defined in the web service's web.xml (using
<context-param>).

So my initialization method needs to have access to the ServletContext.
But it seems that at the @PostConstruct moment the ServletContext is not
ready yet to be consulted, as I get a error when I try to access it with:
servletContext=(ServletContext)context.getMessageContext().get(MessageContext.SERVLET_CONTEXT);

How can I have initialization code that is able to receive parameters
that are defined in web.xml (or defined by some other means)?

Thanks in advance.

Joao

http://www.gsd.inesc-id.pt/~jpbarreto