[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Making the BPM API more generic?

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 10:11:18 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | the 'BPM API' is something that is separated from the PVM, since it is a refactoring of jBPM3

This is not true. The JBossBPM API, together with its RI and CTS is a separate project with no relation to jBPM3

anonymous wrote :
  | I call myself a 'jbpm power-user' since I use it on a daily basis in real-life projects. But I find it quite confusing that these 'BPM API' and 'PVM' ideas seem separated while efforts should be bundled to have a better product. If I'm wrong (which would be good), please correct me.

Yes, it'd be good if we could actually see some of the PVM concepts and API - so we can discuss them at a conceptional level. Implementation detail is not useful for that purpose.

CONCEPTS not detail is what needs to be discussed in a early design phase.

The first release of the API will come out 1-Sep-2008

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168462#4168462

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168462