[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Task Management component?

aapthorp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 7 04:32:00 EST 2008

I'm not sure the console comes in to it as I can provide a link to open the task via the console.

The issue / opportunity is to embed / extend the task specific function within the client's iCalendar task context. e.g. when you open and perform the task a task specific form is launched by the client and any updates to task state are managed via the client, with communication back via the CalDav protocol. Of course, separation of rendering from the data is preferred.

I realise this likely requires modification to the client (hence why XUL - for prototyping with Lightning - doesn't help that Lightning doesn't currently support attachments) as well as extensions to the ICalendar model. Hopefully though you see the potential.

Any thoughts on my other questions in my original post?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194870#4194870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194870