[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Creatiing new pooled actors for every task instance

stringaling do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 13:38:26 EST 2008

Hi,

I have noticed  that for every new task instance that contains an assignment to a pooled-actor within a process,  there are new entries added to the jbpm_pooledactor table.

This behavior is a wee bit undesirable, as we end up creating a rapidly growing large table with very redundant records.

The table contains a 'VERSION_' field which would seem to indicate that at least some thought might have been put into doing this differently.

Is there any plans to work on assignment in upcoming releases ? Or is this just how it is going to work for a while ?

Example of my assignment:

  | 	<task name="Manual Address Review">
  | 			<assignment pooled-actors="WD User"/>
  | 	</task>

(The same behavior exists with swimlanes)

The source of my concern is trying to improve performance when getting a task list for when there are a large number of outstanding tasks. The number of joins required to do this is expensive, and could possible be reduced if there was a consistent ID for pooled actors in the JBPM_POOLEDACTOR table.

(Couldn't these assignments, actors be determined and setup at the time of process deployment, rather then as part of creating a task instance ?)

Thanks,
David Stringer

(Jboss 4.0.5, Jbpm 3.2.2, Java 1.6, Oracle 10g)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195127#4195127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195127