[jbpm-dev] Successful test of jBPM 3.3 with H2

Ronald van Kuijk ronald at jbpm.org
Mon Dec 15 16:57:31 EST 2008

Guys,

Considering all the trouble there continuously is with HSQLDB, I gave it a
shot to try and embed H2 in jBPM. The of my time was figuring out where the
<beep> all parts of the ddl/config generation was put and how to create a
new profile. Eventually when the tests were run, only one failed in the
core, the JobExecutorTest with multiple threads. H2 gave a deadlock error
there, but that might be because of tuning, I'll try to figure that one out
yet. It only took H2 in embedded mode 1m45 with file persistency compared to
H2 55 seconds in-memory (not sure there is a pure in-memory mode for H2)

The web console for H2 btw is also nice, so for me it is a real replacement
for HSQLDB.

Next is trying to figure out if the enterprise module can be tested the same
way... I've seen that the ESB guys run jBPM against H2 (they've created an
mbean to start H2 the same way as HSQLDB is started).

Ronald