[jbpm-dev] BPEL component in jPDL-3.2.4

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Jul 7 04:03:21 EDT 2008

Hi Alejandro,

I'm not quite clear about the situation and direction for BPEL. I guess
that the BPEL component should still be included in the upcoming jPDL
releases, right?

For that it need to be made available in the maven repository and
integrated in the IzPack installer - I can help you with both.

This is covered by
http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-1354

The following applies to BPEL in the same way as for GPD

Looking at the BPEL roadmap

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/BPEL?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

It seems that it is undefined when a certain release is to be expected
and how it relates to the overall jbpm release cycle.

I therefore suggest, we align the BPEL roadmap with rest of deliverables
in a similar way we do as for jBPM4

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=138255

Could you please create the respective versions in JIRA and assign
release dates to them?

The next two releases should come out on

1-Sep-2008
1-Nov-2008

This move is motivated by the need to improve predictability for BPM
related releases. It should not affect the amount of stuff that gets done.

cheers
-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx