[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Why is a ProcessInstance not the same as an Execution

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 7 09:48:44 EDT 2008

Thomas,

I don't agree fully with the example.

The process definition is static.
At runtime, instances are created from this definition (ie. class-object relation). If I need metadata, I put process variables on the instance before starting the process. Regional managers can then be picked based upon these variables.

Changing this concept is bound to break some older implementations and is something that must be well-thought about before changing it...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162861#4162861

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162861