[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Defining the API Mission

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 16 02:42:45 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : The API closely follows the BPMN 1-1 Specification. Doing so we leverage an established standard to describe Business Processes. The ProcessEngine executes that model.

Using BPMN is not a good idea.  Most importantly is that we use names that are as clear as possible.  We can use names from any process language or modelling notation, as long as it is unambiguous.  In many cases, we'll need to establish our own names cause there is no standard with a proper name for it (mainly the runtime execution concepts) or the standards use the term in different ways.  It's very hard to find unambiguous names in workflow land.  I have already tried to do this in PVM, but I'm sure that improvements can be made.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164654#4164654

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164654