[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: iCalendar wrapper

aapthorp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 02:35:37 EDT 2008

Thought I'd just post a quick update on this...I got a bit side tracked with limitations of various user agents and also seeing what the potential was...

In addition to the basic capabilities to provide task entries (as a .ics) via http and handling task invitations via e-mail I've been playing with CalDav...having written a rather crude CaldDav server on top of jBPM. This allows me to update tasks directly via a calendar agent (e.g. Lightning). So I can mark a task as complete and jBPM fires the transition. This could easily be extended to create standalone tasks in jBPM if I added handling for externally created UIDs.

Having discovered Mozilla Lightning invite attendees window for tasks I've been trying to figure out how to support this...so manual task delegation can be done via the user agent.

The main issue I've had is the different capabilities of various user agents. My main test agents are Lightning, Kontact and Evolution. Lightning has Caldav support but, doesn't handle attachments or task/todo invitations. Kontact doesn't handle Caldav, but does handle attachment and task/todo invitations. Just checking out the latest version of Evolution.

I now to do some refactoring...before I can post something stable.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166560#4166560

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166560