[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: applying the hudson jobs in the sources

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 31 01:57:42 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | 0) do you know any docs that explain the schema of the hudson configuration files ? or do you create them through the web user interface configure page and then copy them from the hudson instance to the source repository ?

The latter. The copies are then parametrized using ant filters.

anonymous wrote :
  | 1) what do we have to get the hudson jobs defined in the sources configured in an existing hudson instance (like our QA lab)

Hudson instances should not get modified through the web interface.

  | ant hudson-setup

run by a QA engineer should be the only way to setup the QA environment for any given version - otherwise the QA is not guarantied to be in sync with the source.

anonymous wrote :
  | * can that be applied to a running hudson instance ?
  |
  | * can those targets be applied to a hudson instance that has other jobs (like in our QA lab) ?
  |
  | * do you envision an automatic update mechanism that synchronizes the hudson configurations in the sources to the hudson installation ?

no, see above

anonymous wrote :
  | 2) do you know if it is possible to share this configuration between Bull and JBoss. we would like to have all job configurations in svn, but then Bull and JBoss would each only execute a subset of those configurations on their own QA boxes.

ant-hudson setup could be configured to only copy a subset of jobs dependeing on the settings in ant.properties

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167791#4167791

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167791