[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - jBPM3 should release lock-step with jPDL4

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 27 09:40:59 EDT 2008

Folks,

looking at the road map, I see

jBPM jPDL 3.2.4 (01-Sep-2008)
jPDL 4.0 alpha1 (01-Aug-2008)
jPDL 4.0 alpha2 (11-Sep-2008)

First, I think we should have a consistent naming scheme (i.e. either we use the jBPM prefix or not)

Second, it is important that the releases go lock-step with respect to the API. Only if the functionality offered through the API actually has an implementation in both code bases we can be sure that it is the API that we want.

Therefore I propose for jPDL4 a release cycle that aligns with jBPM3. Faster than eight weeks is very hard to manage anyway given the documentation and test coverage that is required.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161167#4161167

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161167