[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: jPDL 4 early feedback

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 27 12:43:00 EDT 2008

I believe we should have a validating parser all the time. This would have two benefits:

* the jPDL parser would be simpler because it would not have to concern itself with checking constraints that are already expressed in the schema document.

* error reporting to users would be better, because we can capture the syntax error list from the XML parser and return it along the semantic errors detected by the jPDL parser.

On the other hand I understand that users that always enter schema-valid documents (such as those produced by the designer) would want to save the overhead of validation. The configurable XML parser that you propose would be the solution there.

A separate validation step is less useful in my view, because it adds more overhead compared to the validate-as-you-parse approach.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161253#4161253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161253