[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: jPDL 4 early feedback

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 30 05:12:52 EDT 2008

Heiko, I don't agree with this.

I believe that your arguments are correct, but in the scope of the PVM: in the PVM there shouldn't be any custom things, only activities without further notice.

But JPDL is a language built upon this PVM. The point of the PVM is to *allow* customizations like the JPDL DSL. JPDL tries to be an all-around business process language. Mailing is something that is needed in many BPM use cases, so I believe it's only natural to take in account the mailing activity.

I do agree that JPDL custom nodes must have boundaries, but mailing & sending a message to an ESB are such common BPM concepts, that they should be implemented in the language and not for every BPM project again and again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161428#4161428

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161428