[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: jPDL 4 early feedback

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 30 16:49:45 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : If we cannot extend the schema within minor releases we'll something like this soon:

  |   |
  |   | Stock one in 4.0:
  |   | <email/>
  |   |
  |   | Stock one in 4.1:
  |   | <activity class="org.jbpm.activities.FTP"/>
  |   |
  |   |

This already happend in 3. We have a

  | <mail name="send mail">
  | ..
  | </mail>

and

  | <node name="esb1>
  |     <action class=org.jboss.soa.esb.services.jbpm.actionhandlers.EsbActionHandler">
  |      .... (params)
  |    </action>
  | </node>

The reason here was that the jBPM and the GPD could be extended by a ESB configuration pane without changing the core...

<activity type="FTP"/>

should be possible by using 'refs' to generic actionhandlers (sorry, not used to the pvm wordings). Maybe even to generic refs whose implementations are in the core and do not have to be configured in the processdefinition.

Still, for me mail, esb etc should not be specific nodes since they are not for the control flow....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161602#4161602

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161602