[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: API first cut available for jBPM3

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 10:35:38 EST 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | Otoh, it makes it kind of clear that it is *not* a definition.

The distinction to ProcessDefinition is still there.

The API would have ProcessDefinition

http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpm-spec/jbpm-spec-api/apidocs/org/jbpm/api/model/ProcessDefinition.html

and Process

http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpm-spec/jbpm-spec-api/apidocs/org/jbpm/api/model/Process.html

anonymous wrote :
  | What about the relation between processes and subprocesses? Are those only visible via the definition?

They would be visible on both the ProcessDefinition and the Process. The ProcessDefinition is the immutable instance that defines the structure. The Process is the runtime copy of that structure that is mutable to some degree. (i.e. to associate state with individual Node instances)

A running Sub-Process would probably be a reference to a Process, but this definitely needs to be revisited when we come to the point when Sub-Processes appear on the API roadmap, which should be early next year.

Thanks for your feedback

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190165#4190165

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190165