[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: API first cut available for jBPM3

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 20 03:00:39 EST 2008

My vote goes for "ProcessDefinition" and "ProcessInstance".

As other people mentioned, Process can mean both, depending on the persons speaking. This can load to confusion, and I think saying "ProcessInstance" is maybe more verbose, but at least totally clear.

By the way, this is indeed basically one of the first things we try to teach people in the trainings (even business people in our BPMN trainings), the difference between a process definition and instance...

Last remark: Same I would say for TaskDefinition & TaskInstance (when we come to this point)...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190745#4190745

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190745