[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Register EventListener on JbppmContext

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 20 11:58:12 EST 2008

"camunda" wrote : Hi.

  | Yesterday I was at  customer and they did an extension to jbpm where they added the possibility to add EventListener to the JbpmContext (configured via jbpm.cfg.xml).
  |
  | Today I face a similar problem, it would be interesting to get notified if each event fired inside the engine (basically to catch them and maybe throw the aggregated to some BAM engine).
  |
  | What do you guys think, include such a feature in jbpm core? I think it is an interesting one without  bit complexity. Also the guys from yesterday could provide some code for it (Tom, I heard there is a pending committer status request from them), so maybe it wouldn't be that hard...
  |
  | Opinions?
  |
  | Cheers
  | Bernd

all our jbpm 3 efforts are now focussed on increasing the stability and test coverage (mainly dbs).

this feature should be discussed in terms of jbpm4.  in that context, it might be an option to leverage the environment for that.  after a event propagated all the way up to the environment, it could be propagated further on the environment contexts.  good idea, but needs some more reflection.  performance might become an issue so it should be possible somehow to configure which events are propagated to the environment like that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190971#4190971

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190971