[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: comments on initial xsd jpdl 4

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 21 00:30:24 EST 2008

we discussed exactly the topic element vs attribute a full hour yesterday. and we swinged back and forth between element and attribute.

we looked into various bpmn modellers to see what kind of information they had apart from the
* diagram size
* activity box bounds coordinates, width and height
* transition/flow anchor points and bendpoints

it turned out to be only color and font in activities.   therefor we think it should not be made extensible.  and we thought about  what the scope was of our graphical designer efforts.

g is only for the gpd.  other extensions should go into their own extension element / attribute.

maybe we should even not put the g declaration in the xsd and cause every element should have an anyAttribute declaration for extensibility.

does this reasoning make sense to you as well ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191119#4191119

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191119