[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Register EventListener on JbppmContext

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 13:11:30 EST 2008

Okay, to give you the latest update:

For creating the events I need, I implemented an own LoggingService, which keeps a list of ProcessLog objects internally in memory. When closing the LoggingService, I look through these evens and create the necessary BAM events and send them to my BAM service.

One important issue was, to place the LoggingService BEFORE the PersistenceService, by doing so, the LoggingService can still access the HibernateSession (otherwise it would be closed earlier). This works if the loadForUpate methods where called everywhere correctly :-)

But I discussed that implementation with another guy, and we concluded, that the EventListener still is a valuable Feature. Because if you really want to listen for events, it is the right place. Logs are created much later (e.g. during jbpmContext.close) and have different granularity.

What does others think about that?

For my problem I am happy with the LoggingService, for the other project, they patched jbpm already to include the EventListener. But I think it would make sense, at least for jbpm 4.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191842#4191842

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191842