[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: comments on initial xsd jpdl 4

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 25 05:35:45 EST 2008

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote : what is the advantage of being able to deploy a potentially invalid (i.e. not validated) process definition?

That developers can just write a process without knowing the schema namespace reference and how to apply that.  E.g. in unit tests it is not really practical if you're forced to refer the namespace.

I don't think we should be dogmatic with schema validation.  As that only validates a subset of all the constraints and validations.  When parsing the process file, there are always a lot of things that can only be checked at parse time and that cannot be checked with the schema.  So schema validation can not give you full coverage anyway.

In the current parsing, the schema validation errors are collected and reported in a similar way as the (typically more complex) validation errors detected during interpretation of the DOM and build up of the process model.  This way the designer will be able to show all the problems in the problem view one day.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192029#4192029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192029