[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Process/task search based on variables

frantisek.kocun@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 3 13:37:51 EDT 2008

"brittm" wrote : I would second what Ronald mentioned earlier about not trying too hard to store business keys in JBPM.  We have a need to be able to look up processes (and tasks) very quickly by any one of various business keys:  account number, order number, product number, etc.  We created a "Business Keys" table that contains a row for each process instance and records any of the appropriate business key data in the appropriate column.  All columns are indexed.

Good idea, I will try it out.

"brittm" wrote : This solution is very performant.  Because JBPM has some very direct relationships between processInstance, token, and taskInstance, returning the right tasks based on those business keys is performant as well.

Performant? How performat? Can you be concrete? (Total number of process instances/task instances/new task instances per day/number of concurrent users...)I am really interested in this,cos  I have never seen jBPM in a big application.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180341#4180341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180341