[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: meeting context

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 05:38:19 EDT 2008

"heiko.braun at jboss.com" wrote : Let's put it the other way around: Why do all the vendors support  workflowpatterns.com [1] and BPMN [2] opposed to jbpm?

  | [1] http://www.workflowpatterns.com/vendors/
  | [2] http://www.bpmn.org/BPMN_Supporters.htm#current

Workflow patterns are irrelevant.

Suppose that for every 100 downloads, there is one download done for an evaluation to see if jBPM is what they can use.

That means 200 evaluations per month.  I assume that maximum 5 of those ever looked at the jBPM patterns evaluation.

So improving the evaluation experience is much more important then supporting workflow patterns.

Having that said; I do think that the current evaluation does not represents our capabilities properly.  We can easily support them all.  We should produce our own report in which we show how we support all of them in jBPM 4.  But whether it is worth spending that time...  i don't know.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181186#4181186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181186