[jbpm-dev] Re: [jbpm-issues] [JBoss JIRA] Resolved: (JBPM-1755) make field Join.parentLockMode persistent

Alejandro Guizar aguizar at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 15:39:50 EDT 2008

Tom,

Another change I am considering is converting varchar(4000) columns to
text (JBPM-701) by virtue of setting type="text" in property mappings.
The currently supported databases (hsql, postgresql, mysql and sybase)
work well with text columns.

If this text type worked correctly on all databases, it would give us
three big benefits:

1) a single set set of mapping files for all databases
2) no need to specify a predefined, arbitrary length
3) helps address the page size problem (JBPM-1176)

I want to go ahead and check whether this change is feasible against DB2
and Oracle even if we do not officially support it yet.

-Alejandro