[jbpm-dev] Re: [jbpm-issues] [JBoss JIRA] Resolved: (JBPM-1755) make field Join.parentLockMode persistent

Tom Baeyens tbaeyens at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 03:31:10 EDT 2008

 > I want to go ahead and check whether this change is feasible against DB2
 > and Oracle even if we do not officially support it yet.

that is a must.

another thing that we need to cover is migration instructions.

what do our users have to do to upgrade ?  can they do that with a couple of DDL and
DML statements ?  or do they have to create 2 full schemas next to each other and
migrate the whole DB contents ?

regards, tom.

Alejandro Guizar wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Another change I am considering is converting varchar(4000) columns to
> text (JBPM-701) by virtue of setting type="text" in property mappings.
> The currently supported databases (hsql, postgresql, mysql and sybase)
> work well with text columns.
>
> If this text type worked correctly on all databases, it would give us
> three big benefits:
>
> 1) a single set set of mapping files for all databases
> 2) no need to specify a predefined, arbitrary length
> 3) helps address the page size problem (JBPM-1176)
>
> I want to go ahead and check whether this change is feasible against DB2
> and Oracle even if we do not officially support it yet.
>
> -Alejandro
>
> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 09:15 +0200, Tom Baeyens wrote:
>> Alejandro,
>>
>> Is this is the only DB schema change ?  Then we should check if this is worthed.  So
>> much easier for people running into production if they don't have to upgrade the DB.
>>
>> regards, tom.
>>

>> Alejandro Guizar (JIRA) wrote:
>>>      [ https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-1755?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]
>>>
>>> Alejandro Guizar resolved JBPM-1755.
>>>
>>>     Resolution: Done
>>>

>>> made field Join.parentLockMode persistent
>>> allow any lock mode, not just UPGRADE
>>> added lock attribute to join element in xml schema
>>> registered jpdl 3.3 schema in parser

regards, tom.