[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Future of jBPM???

keithnielsen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 21 17:04:40 EDT 2008

I have been researching both jBPM and Drools for sometime now and am wondering what the future holds for jBPM. This is based on my research of Drools 5, which is bringing what I would consider more BPM constructs into the core engine, things such as Wait States, Human Tasks, etc. One of the main things I don't see yet is the whole persistence and support of long running processes. My question is will the trend with Drools continue, eventually consuming jBPM?

I must say that my perception is that Drools is more active which makes me wonder if I should go with Drools hoping that it builds out more BPM features going forward.

Also, will jBPM 3.5 or 4.0 move to Eclipse 3.4 from a tooling perspective?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183648#4183648

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183648