[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Analytical and operational dashboards

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 29 04:22:01 EDT 2008

Another approach to KPI could be identify a special set of variables.  Suppose that an Order process has an order variables which is a hibernate Order entity.  Then in that entity, there is a field retributionCost.  Then in the process, we could copy that field into a KPI variable field at indicated places in the process.

The benefit is that our console then has a generic way to diplay and work with key performance indicators.

Another type of KPI is time measurements.  E.g: How much time is there between the quote approval and the closing of the deal.  Therefor we need to be able to store the start en end times of the process execution at specific places indicated by the process developer in the process definition.  Also super-states could serve for this purpose.

Another variation would be to put probes on transitions.  One probe could initialize a KPI variable to true and multiple other probes could turn it off.  Then you can count for all the process executions that past the first probe, how many of them did not pass a second probe.  This might be used to get statistical data on the % that each transition out of a decision is taken.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185293#4185293

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185293