AW: [jbpm-dev] Migration

Bernd Rücker bernd.ruecker at camunda.com
Thu Oct 30 04:23:17 EDT 2008

I don't get this:

> the underlying DB should IMO be considered an implementation detail of
> the iBPM engine. If that is not the case in jBPM3 it needs to get fixed
> in jBPM4. jBPM4 should not expose any direct access to the DB. I'd say
> there is no DB migration needed.

The whole state of my processes is in the database. Of course no direct
access should be exposed, but the existing process data may have to be
migrated, no stable API helps me out here. And therefore I need DB
migration...

Maybe we can discuss If I need to migrate existing process instances (I
would tend to say yes), but I don't get your reasoning. Maybe you can
explain that for me again, that I get what you mean....

> The migration from jPDL3 to jPDL4 should be possible with
> tool support.

But one function of this tool would be DB migration (beside the jPDL XML
conversion of process definitions).

Cheers
Bernd