[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: sar vs ear packaging

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 9 04:04:19 EDT 2008

Bernd,

jBPM3 has a defined set of supported target containers.

http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpmwiki/index.php?title=JBPM3SupportedTargetContainers

For this we do QA for others we don't. To state that jBPM will work in arbitrary target containers is an assumption and we cannot base our packaging decisions on that.

The support for various target containers is encapsulated in the installer. i.e. we install jbpm with the installer and QA that installation - no manual or hidden steps involved.

Basically, if a feature is not automatically tested or not properly documented it is not there.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175227#4175227

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175227