[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Unifying jBPM project lifecycles

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 11 10:16:18 EDT 2008

Folks,

after internal discussions we came to the conclusion that it would simplify the  development cycle of both jbpm3 and 4 a great deal if we would actually talk about these to development branches as such.

In Jira, SVN, Maven we would have jbpm-3.3.x and jbpm-4.0.x releases. Both project branches would align their release cycle, so that consumers of these projects can rely on updates in the maven repository approximately every 8 weeks.

The distinction between pvm, jpdl4 lifecycle is superfluous because for the foreseeablr future both projects evolve lock step anyway. For jBPM users it will also become easier, because in future you will only need to refer to jbpm-x.y.z without needing to make a distinction in project name based on component.

The pvm release artefact in the maven repository will of course stay decoupled as is for folks that only want to consume the pvm base component.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175869#4175869

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175869