[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Multiple 1PC resources in enterprise

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 16 07:22:09 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : on the migration to ejb3: i don't think that is appropriate on jBPM 3. we can consider this on jBPM 4.
+3.1415926
ejb3 is definitely a proposal for jbpm 4. I volunteer for that.
anonymous wrote : i would guess the whole purpose of an appserver is to take care of making a global transaction out of XA transactional resources, no ? even if we would use different DSs.
managing a global/distributed transaction is the app server's business indeed, except that (1) some databases such as HSQL and (correct me if I'm wrong) MySQL do not provide XA data sources and (2) the EJB timer service's support for 2PC relies on its underlying data source, which affects the EntitySchedulerService. JMS's 2PC support does not rely on the underlying data source's XA capability and therefore the JmsMessageService is unaffected.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176743#4176743

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176743