[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: community branch

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 29 04:28:29 EDT 2008

"kukeltje" wrote : sure, but who is going to monitor that? Merge it? Even after 4.0. People can add functionality without adding testcases, docs or whatever, like Tom mentiones. Is e.g. test coverage going to be part of releases as well. Do these people also need to sign the contributor assignment ? If not, JBoss might get in trouble with copyright infringements.

all the requirements will be just as they are now.  in fact, we'll make the requirements much more clear to contributors.

we should document clearly what we expect :
* link to jira issue
* code updates
* test coverage
* docs updates
* xsd schema updates
* and so on

the more complete work a contributor delivers, the easier it is for us to merge the change into the project trunk branch.

if people do not submit complete work (which they can) then it depends on whether someone else takes their work and finishes it.  that could be other people from the community or people from the jbpm team itself.

this would allow us to give svn access very easily so that people can just  give it a go.  and on the other hand, it allows us to adopt only the contributions which we think are mature enough to enter the project/product.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179292#4179292

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179292