[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Classloader-Registry in AS/ESB allows one central jbpm i

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 30 12:21:19 EDT 2008

In our current project we have the following concept for versioning (sorry for not posting that the first place):

Versioning is applied to applications and services, normally correspond to one EAR (with Java classes, maybe web pages, wsdl, whatever. Depends on the kind of service). There are two versioning schemes:

1.) Major Versions: Bigger changes. These may be not compatible. New major versions may be run in parallel to older services.

2.) Minor versions = patches. These are patches, bug fixes or compatible changes. New Minor versions replace the existing service.

The EAR includes the version in its name, so all beans and stuff include the version in the JNDI-Name. jBPM-processes are included in this EAR. New major versions will create new processdefinition names (basically the version is added to the process name, e.g. "websale_3"). "Normal" jbpm versioning is only applied on patch level.

anonymous wrote : It is a more generic problem than just jBPM.

Exactly, normally you have to take care of versioning for a lot of artefacts, so I think this solution makes sense... And I like having bytecode and classpath stuff in EAR files more than in the jBPM database...

anonymous wrote : So maybe we could come up with something together with the seam guys

Yeah, maybe. But I think it is not only seam, but much more. Especially if you look into the direction of the ESB with whatever services connected to it. This direction (to the backend) is also very interessting.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179617#4179617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179617