[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 4 Email Question

bradsdavis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 2 13:51:02 EDT 2009

>From my experience in the field, here are two features we should actively pursue.

1) Multiple email servers.  Reason: a lot of companies have multiple SMTP servers.  The reason is, generally one sends internally and one externally.  I think we could accomplish this by having a configuration for the email servers in the mail configuration.  This would be a list of servers, which could take simple domain filtering.  For example servers could include "*jboss.org" and that would indicate the mail server can serve all jboss.org emails.  We could also support pop or smtp mail pretty easily.

2) Email Attachments are often an interest for clients.  An example would be sending an order in PDF format when the task to sign off on the order is produced.

We could create an email producer interface that we could use to make email producers plugable.  It could take the environment context as a parameter, and return an email object [see apache email commons].  That would make the interface flexible enough to return either a simple text email, HTML email, or Multipart email with attachments.

The email producer that we could ship could target using jsr223 or velocity or freemarker.  I have noticed all of those have been tossed around as possible templating.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223089#4223089

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4223089