[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 4 Emails Sync vs Async

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 03:26:53 EDT 2009

"jbarrez" wrote : Tom, I don't follow you with the global setting. I still think it should be able to be configured on the node itself.

they don't exclude each other.  ideally we have them both.  in the configuraiton file, the default value can be specified and in the process, the default can be overwritten.  but we need to prioritize which one we build first.  my take on prioritization would be this:

1) direct sending
2) global configuration setting
3) configuration per usage in the process file

"jbarrez" wrote :
  | Imo, there are cases in which you want the mail directly: eg for handling an exception or a timer times out when waiting for an external system -> send an email to the system admin directly.
  |
  | In this case, scheduling it and waiting for the jobExecutor will cause a serious and unacceptable slow-down ... unless the jobExecutor is polling all the time (which is not good for performance).

there is no delay.  even inbetween polls.   the job executor is notified of new jobs by means of a synchronization.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223890#4223890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4223890