[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: introducing process instance ?

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 16 07:30:05 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : in the implementation.  And then suppose that jPDL wants to add a property to all executions...  then you end up in multiple inheritence.

I understand.
Extending implementation classes is indeed a no-go when the process instance implementation must be extendable.

So how do you see the inheritance?

  | ProcessInstance (interface) extends Execution
  | ExecutionImpl implements ProcessInstance, Execution

-> This could lead to castings of executions to ProcessInstances, which aren't process instances (ie no root execution). But for the compiler, nothing is wrong since they are exactly the same...

I don't know, I get a funy feeling about it when I think about it like that... This leads back to the question if processInstance == Execution? (I know we already discussed this, but perhaps I'm seeing this in the wrong perspective here)

anonymous wrote :
  | and besides, i think it is best that all executions (incl process instances) are stored in only 1 single table.

Definitely

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225884#4225884

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225884