[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: schema for mail template and activity

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 16 13:18:19 EDT 2009

Tom, please review what we already have. Here are some drawbacks to what you propose.

1. commons-email already offers a complete email abstraction, no need to come up with another one.
2. your design merges template and producer. to implement it in jbpm 3 you parsed the configuration into a properties and copied field by field to the Mail class. I think it is more natural to have an explicit MailTemplate class and aggregate it.
3. creating an email requires no "session" because the email is an entity object. on the other hand you do require a session to send it. the responsibility to send the message should be transferred to the session.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225999#4225999

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225999