[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - GWT Console login problem

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 16 14:06:05 EDT 2009

Ok, I admit it... I am learning GWT (a little) to investigate a certain forms technology. So I checked out the source and followed these steps:

- cd gwt-console
- mvn install
- cd ../jbpm4
- mvn -Pdistro clean install

and ran the jbpm installer on a clean JBoss AS 5.0

When I tried to login, I got the following exception in the Firebug console:

  | [Exception... "'java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown error upon login attempt' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

No errors in the AS log or whatever.

When I want to debug the application using

[kukel at laptop war]$ mvn com.totsp.gwt:maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin:gwt

All I get is
Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
  | [INFO] Scanning for projects...
  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [INFO] Building JBoss BPM - GWT Console (WAR)
  | [INFO]    task-segment: [com.totsp.gwt:maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin:gwt]
  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [INFO] Preparing gwt:gwt
  | [INFO] [resources:resources]
  | [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
  | [INFO] [gwt:mergewebxml {execution: default}]
  | [INFO] copy source web.xml - /home/kukel/workspace/gwt-console/war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml to build dir (source web.xml required if mergewebxml execution is enabled)
  | [INFO] establishing classpath list (buildClaspathList - scope = COMPILE)
  | [INFO] google.webtoolkit.home (gwtHome) *not* set, using project POM for GWT dependencies
  | [INFO] Module file: /home/kukel/workspace/gwt-console/war/src/main/resources/org/jboss/bpm/console/Application.gwt.xml
  | [INFO] [compiler:compile]
  | [INFO] Compiling 3 source files to /home/kukel/workspace/gwt-console/war/target/classes
  | [INFO] [dependency:unpack {execution: unpack}]
  | [INFO] Configured Artifact: com.google.gwt:gwt-dev:linux-libs:?:zip
  | [INFO] gwt-dev-1.5.2-linux-libs.zip already unpacked.
  | [INFO] [gwt:gwt]
  | [INFO] source web.xml present - /home/kukel/workspace/gwt-console/war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml - using it with embedded Tomcat
  | [INFO] establishing classpath list (buildClaspathList - scope = RUNTIME)
  | [INFO] google.webtoolkit.home (gwtHome) *not* set, using project POM for GWT dependencies
  | ============= gwt-log-2.5.2 =============Thu Apr 16 20:01:03 CEST 2009=============
  | [DEBUG] Console server: http://localhost:8888/org.jboss.bpm.console.Application/xhp
  | [DEBUG] Report server: http://localhost:8080/report-server
  | [DEBUG] Authentication against: http://localhost:8888/org.jboss.bpm.console.Application/xhp/rs/identity/user/roles?roleCheck=admin,manager,user
  | GET http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/identity/user/roles?roleCheck=admin,manager,user: 200
  | [DEBUG] Reload ext-gen168
  | GET http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/tasks/alex?start=0&limit=15&_dc=1239904891547&callback=stcCallback1001: 200

when I try to login.

The application does not even respond anymore in this situation

So does anybody have any idea how to 'fix' this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226009#4226009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226009