[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Enterprise Structure for JBPM4

bradsdavis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 28 13:32:36 EDT 2009

With JBPM 3, we have switched between EARs and SARs.

This has caused a bit of confusion and also has made things a bit complicated in terms of loader-repositories.

One large jBPM client does use a dedicated loader-repository with their application, and supporting dedicated loader-repositories would be a nice thing for 4.  I am not sure how this model changes for JBoss 5 though.

I know with the current jBPM 3, there are a few steps to getting the loader repository to work, including moving the jbpm-enterprise.jar, and having to add the loader-repository in several configurations.  The nice thing about the EAR deployment was that it only required one configuration change to have jBPM participate in a given loader-repository in JBoss.

Before we move to 4, we should put as much thought into packaging as we do into the architecture to ensure that it will work with a number of different client setups.  This would include:

1) Loader Repositories
2) EJB Integration

I know there was talks on the forum of having a ThreadLocal type solution to calling jBPM within EJB, such that opening the context wouldnt occur multiple times for nested EJB calls.  Has this been investigated for 4?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227349#4227349

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227349