[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Re-using the REST facade

rmoskal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 1 13:44:04 EDT 2009

It is a bit more complicated.  I forgot java chains constructors so I needed to touch the source for JBPMIntegration too. That and ProcessManagementImpl isn't a class public so I had to change that.

Making the above changes and loading the classes onto the spring context of my web application, got the REST api integrated into my application. All in all in took about an hour.  However, I do see that I would have to do this with all the other plugins like form and graph.  So I figure I'd better learn to love the jndi context again.

The integration this way is going pretty well. I just bind the processEngine on the Spring context to the jndi. I'm having some trouble understanding what the role of "UserTransaction" on the jndi context is.

tx = (UserTransaction)ctx.lookup("UserTransaction")

If I try to enumerate deployed processes for example I get a "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [UserTransaction] not bound" exception.

It seems that some of the integration code is dependendent on this. I think that if I deploy to jboss JBoss AS this is provided to me. I will test this. But what about if I want to deploy to tomcat or Jetty?

Thanks and regards,

Robert Moskal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247400#4247400

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247400