[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - db properties reorg

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 4 05:12:06 EST 2009

heiko,

can you explain the purpose of the reorg of the db properties?  i couldn't find what was extra things became possible.  probably there is some aspect that i didn't get.

ideally i would like to move to the following situation:

* a config module that has the default persistence configuration and produces it in a jar file in the repo.

jbpm configuration would contain a reference to hibernate.cfg.xml *and* hibernate.properties

hibernate.properties would contain the hypersonic in memory configs.

* the db module approx as it was: containing ${database}.properties files for all the db's

in the parent pom, there is a section that takes the specific database properties file, resolves the properties and overwrites the default hibernate.properties with it.

do you see problems with this approach ?  things that would be invalidated that you've build just now ?

the difference between how it was originally is that by extracting the default configs in a separate module, we remove the necessity for each module to have its own configuration files in the resources.  so we can prevent spreading copies all over the code base that have to be kept in sync.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206858#4206858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4206858