[jbpm-dev] Re: jbpm-3.2.5.SP

Alejandro Guizar aguizar at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 09:55:46 EST 2009

It was because of a request from Goldman Sachs:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-701

Every mapping of a String field with length="4000" was replaced with
type="text". The complete list of differences was compiled by Thomas in

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-1849

Back at the time we released 3.3.0 we discussed the consequences and our
options. Either (a) rollback those changes or (b) verify they had no
impact on existing database schemas.

Thomas verified the jTDS driver transparently handled the difference
between varchar(4000) and text, as per the comment in

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-1849

I verified his findings on my local Sybase installation as well. If
required, this verification can be repeated for each supported database.

There is an issue which I just spotted and will correct immediately.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2017

-Alejandro