[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: blobs, clobs, text and bytes

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 13 04:02:55 EST 2009

1) Imo, chopping it up is a workaround. It's more logical to have one BLOB for the attachment. If it works on all the QA supported databases, there's no reason to go again for the chopping.

2) DB2 has this limit (altough it can be configured to be set higher).
I don't think you can create a 'generic' DB DDL script. eg On mysql it is possible to use a TEXT column instead of VARCHAR, but I don't know for other DBs.
What people did in the past, is simply changing the DDL script according to the database.

3) Why can't process variables be cached?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209805#4209805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209805