[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: email templates

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 13 10:00:23 EST 2009

To sum up the real situation
- It is not a real hack, since it is mostly what seam also does in their mock
- It works OUTSIDE an appserver, so standalone (that was the whole idea of the bootstrapping)
- A large use base of jBPM comes from seam users
- There is a templating mechanisme for email within JBoss, don't let JBoss become a second Apache Foundation (having a second workflow solution is already weird)
- Seam is not needed at all (yes there is some code duplication then, but if a seam mail subproject is created with some patches I have in mind, then probably one small jar is needed from seam
- No need to learn 101 things (as Pete states)
- the JBoss Tools html designer can be leveraged to design the mail in a wysiwyg way
- Using it is as simple as

  |           StandaloneFacelets sf = StandaloneFacelets.init();
  |           Facelet  f = sf.getFacelet("/myTemplate.xhtml");
  |           Stringwriter sw = new StringWriter();
  |           f.apply(ctx, sw);

Or whatever API is interesting..... Clearly much more complex than using velocity

Take whatever road you guys want... I need this anyway.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209914#4209914

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209914