[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: console roles

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 13 10:15:42 EST 2009

"koen.aers at jboss.com" wrote : Wouldn't it be possible to reuse the perspective concept as it is used in Eclipse?

conceptually that is indeed what we want.

question remains *how* this can be done.

an aspect that is not yet clear to me is authorization.  to what extend should these roles be tied to authorization.  if we do that, then parts of pages or views need to become optional.  then making sure that the screens/views still render nice will be a challenge.

also we would have to specify for each link, button, column in a table etc which roles are allowed to see it.

all this seems like a very complex matter to get right.

so my current line of thinking would be : keep it simple as long as we don't know exactly what we want to achieve with the complexity we introduce.  in other words, i rather ignore roles for now instead of ending up with something that doesn't support roles properly.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209929#4209929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209929