[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 08:51:41 EST 2009

"KrisVerlaenen" wrote : Tom, what about working together on a shared task component with the Drools team? Our human task component already supports use cases like this (and many more).

  | Kris

i had a quick look at the drools task component before.  model looked too simplistic for the use cases that we have.  and it also didn't look appropriate to support the human interaction management features that we also want to incorporate.  and it would be harder to make the drools task component fit into our architecture.

on the other hand, what would be the requirements for drools to collaborate with our task component ?

we have pluggable task lifecycle to allow for the human task lifecycle as well as a much simpler default lifecycle.

we also have hierarchical subtasks, comments and roles

i've also integrated jbpm with the jboss identity component.  so all of our task component will be based on that integration as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210341#4210341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210341