[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 10:05:15 EST 2009

Two quick remarks:

1) Supporting WS-HumanTask would be a interesting improvement  for jbpm! But I also agree with Tom, that it doesn't fit in any case, so having a pluggable life cycle is the best option. And to model that lifecycle with jpdl itself would be a natural fit in the jbpm infrastructure I guess.

And yes, I faced that requirements at least a couple of times, some customers did really advanced human task management ;-)

2.) Having a joined Human Task Management component of jbpm and drools would be a very good thing! I think it doesn't make too much sense to develop that twice in JBoss. And it would be much better to have one user interface as well (for every component creating Human Tasks in the JBoss SOA ;-)).
And having two components always provokes the question why the both implementations are there.
But maybe this involves politics which team is responsible for it?

And personally I don't know the Drools Human Task Management component yet, so I cannot really judge how good it fits for the jbpm requirements. And I get the feeling that Human task Management is more in the direction of BPM than BRM, so I see jBPM responsible for it. And Drools shouldn't even need persistence in the most common use cases for a Rule Engine, different to jbpm.

Just my two cents

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210373#4210373

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210373