[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

KrisVerlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 11:15:43 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : i think for most use cases their lifecycle model is actually overly complex. that's why we made our lifecycle pluggable.

First it was too simplistic and now it's too complex? ;)

The basic simple life cycle is:
 - someone creates a task for an actor
 - actor that needs to execute the task starts the task when he starts executing it
 - actor completes the task once he's done
Doesn't sound that complex to me?

And if you really want to change the life cycle (out of the scope of the WS-HT spec), you can do as well in our component (we use MVEL configuration to define possible state transitions and their effect).

anonymous wrote : You're always welcome to take our task component, leverage it and help to build any use cases that it might not yet support.

I'm talking about collaboration, not this one-way you can use and improve whatever we have.  Do we want to work an a shared human task component or not, and if so, what are the requirements / restrictions? Then we can decide what would be the best way to move forward?

Kris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210412#4210412

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210412