[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

KrisVerlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 12:21:26 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : In my opinion: Drools = BRM + CEP -> Yes, cool! But BPM? I think there is a lot of stuff around in BPM which makes it a sperate topic which should be targeted by a BPM software (like BPMN -> technical Model mapping, Simulation, BAM & Reporting, Persistence with the different kind of flavours, ...).

I disagree !

I agree on the fact that rules and processes are based on different paradigms (constraint evaluation vs state charts).  And in that sense they could be considered separate topics.  But in reality, if you try to model a business problem, you are confronted with logic that could best be represented using a business process and other logic where you would like to use rules.  So in that sense it makes sense to integrate them.

And why would concepts like simulation, BAM and reporting, persistence,etc. only be applicable to BPM?  They matter for BRM as well, hence the need for a unified platform ! And that's why Drools supports _integrated_ simulation, reporting, persistence, etc.

Kris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210437#4210437

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210437