[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: process definition as a resource

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 21:43:49 EST 2009

"tom.baeyens at jboss.com" wrote : jbpm users typically deploy the process to the db and then store the instances in the DB as well.

I think most do not realy do this 'on purpose'. It's how it works.

"tom.baeyens at jboss.com" wrote :
  | another aspect that becomes more complicated in 'persistent process resource' execution mode is deployment in a clustered environment.  when using the DB to store process definitions, this is the single entry point accessible from all nodes.  but how would we deploy a resource to all nodes in a cluster ?  and how would the process definitions be cached in memory ?

Uhhmm.... JBoss Cache?

Funny is that I kind of semi use jBPM in this resource way. I extend the processdefinition with my own xml tags for which I do not develop a specific jpdl parser or whatever. Runtime, I read the xml nodes with xpath from the processdefinition in the processarchive (will show this in the presentation also on the community day)

I'll think about the other thinks though. Not fully grasp all differences yet, but that might be because it is to late (04:00 am)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210560#4210560

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210560